Feeling cool as a cucumber in the summer is refreshing during the oppressive, humid days. This wine spritzer recipe can help achieve the perfect cooling method.
Honeydew, Cucumber & Mint Spritzer
1 honeydew melon, peeled and chopped
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup sparkling wine
* Puree honeydew melon, 1/2 cucumber and mint leaves in a blender until smooth.
* Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher.
* Add lime juice and 1/2 sliced cucumber.
* Chill for 30 minutes (or up to 12 hours).
* Stir well, then mix with sparkling wine and serve over ice.
* Garnished with lime slices.