I rarely cross over healthy eating habits into the drinking spectrum, but sometimes I am just looking for something light, refreshing and guilt free. Especially in the summer when calorie laden homemade margaritas sound divine (and are totally worth the splurge sometimes!), there are times when a low calorie option is preferable. I love frozen grapes, so when this recipe appeared in my inbox via Hungry Girl, I was certainly up for trying it.
Green Grape Frojito
10 mint leaves
2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda or Truvia)
2 limes, quartered, for a total of 8 wedges
1 1/2 cups green grapes, frozen
3 oz. rum
1 1/2 cups crushed ice or 8 – 12 ice cubes
* Evenly divide mint, sweetener, and half of the lime wedges between 2 glasses (2 lime wedges per glass).
* Muddle (a.k.a. mash) the contents of each glass.
* To a blender, add the frozen grapes, rum, ice, and 2 tbsp. water. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lime wedges into the blender. Discard these wedges.
* Blend at high speed until smooth. (If needed, turn off the blender, stir, and blend again.)
* Transfer grape mixture to the glasses, and stir well. Drink up and be refreshed!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
1/2 of recipe (about 16 oz.): 192 calories, <0.5g fat, 4mg sodium, 26g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 18g sugars, 1g protein