(Central Coast, California)
* Citrus, melon, honeysuckle
* Pairs well with smoked salmon or roasted pork tenderloin
* 13% ABV
* Appearance: clear, star bright, straw, low concentration, medium viscosity
* Nose: clean, medium low intensity, youthful, lemon, grapefruit, green apple, wet stone, slate, no wood
* Palate: dry, medium bodied, confirms fruit, mostly lemon/citrus, wet stone, slate, medium plus alcohol, high acidity, medium plus finish, medium complexity.
The more the wine opened up, the more melon flavors were present. It also became much fruiter and floral. This wasn’t one of my favorite Pinot Grigios, but for the price it was not horrible.